Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Concerns

I have a nagging doubt in my mind about using CSA's as a topic for my site. When I try to imagine what the site might look like, I'm seeing nothing more than a blog about my experience, and a blog does not a website make. I've thought about directions to expand in, but I'm deathly afraid of creating some preachy, judgmental website telling other people how to live their lives. I've been thinking about my user group as people much like me, who want to make some changes to their lifestyle to be kinder to the environment, and healthier in general, but really how many people are there like that? And aren't there a glut of websites dealing with this exact same thing? What could possibly be different about mine?

I think part of the reason I'm scared to go with this topic is because several years ago, a friend of mine went into holistic health counseling, especially nutrition, and her constant harping on the evils of processed food and fast food just made me crave those things all the more. I actually had a reasonable diet before then, and only after that did I start eating fast food almost every day. It's a dangerous thing to go too far extolling the virtues/condemning the dangers of anything.

I feel as though this post is getting way too personal for this class, but I really don't want to end working on a website that would make me roll my eyes if it were designed by anyone else.

I'm quite jealous of Sarah's sugar topic. I think it's so unique and informative. I wish I could think of something like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment